Directions to Fourknocks Megalithic Passage Tomb
Directions to Fourknocks from Drogheda.
- Travel 14 km via Duleek to Ardcath Village (top left of map above).
- Travel South East towards Garristown for 1.5 km (passing the school and church).
- Turn left at cross roads towards Clonalvy (Fourknocks is signposted).
- Travel for 2 km (passing Donnellys Pub in Clogherstown on the right).
- Turn left onto a narrow road (currently no signpost for Fourknocks).
- Travel for 0.5km to collect key at White's house which has a plaque
with the name WHITE built into the stone wall at the roadside. There is a
red hay barn behind the house.
- Travel 1.5 km to a STOP sign where the road joins an equally
narrow road, keep to the left.
- Travel a short distance to a fork in the road, keep to the right towards Naul.
- Travel for 175 meters, the Fourknocks pedestrian entrance is on the left
- The pedestrian entrance is unsuitable for Wheelchairs.
Ordnance Survey map 43
- N 53°35.795 W 006°19.589 (N 53.596583 W 6.326483)
Boyne Valley Private Day Tours
Pick up and return to your accommodation or cruise ship. Suggested day tour:
Newgrange World Heritage site, 10th century High Crosses at Monasterboice,
Hill of Tara the seat of the High Kings of Ireland and the Hill of Slane where St. Patrick let a Paschal fire in 433