Directions to Fourknocks Megalithic Passage Tomb
Directions to Fourknocks from Drogheda.
- Travel 14 km via Duleek to Ardcath Village (top left of map above).
- Travel South East towards Garristown for 1.5 km (passing the school and church).
- Turn left at cross roads towards Clonalvy (Fourknocks is signposted).
- Travel for 2 km (passing Donnellys Pub in Clogherstown on the right).
- Turn left onto a narrow road (currently no signpost for Fourknocks).
- Travel for 0.5km to collect key at White's house which has a plaque
with the name WHITE built into the stone wall at the roadside. There is a
red hay barn behind the house.
- Travel 1.5 km to a STOP sign where the road joins an equally
narrow road, keep to the left.
- Travel a short distance to a fork in the road, keep to the right towards Naul.
- Travel for 175 meters, the Fourknocks pedestrian entrance is on the left
- The pedestrian entrance is unsuitable for Wheelchairs.
Ordnance Survey map 43
- N 53°35.795 W 006°19.589 (N 53.596583 W 6.326483)
Boyne Valley Private Day Tour
Immerse yourself in the rich hertiage and culture of the Boyne Valley with our full-day private tour.
Visit Newgrange World Heritage site, explore the Hill of Slane, where Saint Patrick famously lit the Paschal fire.
Discover the Hill of Tara, the ancient seat of power for the High Kings of Ireland.